Get the skills and knowledge you need to master the art of vetting and assessment with The Nautical Institute Academy's Mastering Vetting Course.
The Nautical Institute Academy's Mastering Vetting course is a five-day intensive programme that aims to familiarise industry personnel with vetting and the new SIRE 2.0 inspection regime.
The course will help candidates to identify the key changes and new approach that has been adopted, particular emphasis is placed on understanding the human element components. Candidates can expect a detailed exploration of key human element focus areas to ensure that participants are fully conversant with the ‘pre-inspection questionnaire (PIQ)’, ensuring candidates can address these clearly during an inspection.
Through exercises, tasks, group discussions and assignments, the process of an inspection and the challenges that may be faced are embraced in extensive detail, familiarising candidates with what to expect.
The Nautical Institute Academy's Mastering Vetting course is designed to provide participants with the opportunity to critically evaluate the development, aims and application of vetting:
The aim will be achieved by developing skills which:
- Help participants to not only understand the underlying principles of vetting but to also identify the main processes and procedures when conducting an inspection in accordance with the new SIRE 2.0 Inspection regime
- Enable participants to recognise the major changes and updated approach to vetting.
- Encourage participants to acknowledge the importance of the human element for the safe and efficient operations on board and identify the key components of the human element that are included in vetting and the SIRE 2.0 inspection regime.
By the end of this course participants should:
- Understand the use of the ‘Human Response Tool’
- Recognise the importance of the role of leadership and a company-wide adoption of the human element
- Explore and reinforce participants understanding of the ‘Human Element Components’
- Identify Pre-Inspection Questions
- Identify critical issues in CVIQs
- Understand the integration of TMSA into SIRE 2.0
- Understand the integration of the human element into the SMS
- Develop an individual action plan
|An Introcution to Vetting:
M01 - M01.4
|M01: Introduction to vetting and new SIRE 2.0 regime
M01.1: Familiarisation with new risk-based approach
M01.2: Introduction to the 'pre-inspection questionnaire (PIQ)
M01.3: Types of questions,
M01.4: Process and execution of onboard inspections
Vetting and the human element:
M02: The principles of the human element
|The Human Element:
M03 - M03.5
|M03: Team dynamics, communication and coordination
M03.1: Identifying opportunities to learn and/or practice
M03.2: Stress, fatigue, workload and time constraints.
M03.3: Identification, causes and the effects
M03.4: Workplace ergonomics and the human machine interface
M03.5: The concept of 'nudging'.
|CVIQ's, OCIMF, TMSA and SIRE 2.0:
M04 - M04.3
|M04: Identifying the critical issues in CVIQ
M04.1: OCIMF key human element principles
M04.3: The integration of TMSA in to SIRE 2.0
Personal Action Plans:
M05: Integrating human factors in to SMS.