The Nautical Institute Luddeke Prize
We are pleased to announce the launch of The Nautical Institute Luddeke Prize 2022/2023.
The original Luddeke awards were made possible by a generous legacy endowment from the estate of Captain Christof Luddeke. This award sought to recognise excellence in maritime studies and we are proud to continue the wishes of this generous donor.
Previous recipients have included members who went on to become President of The Nautical Institute and leading practitioners in their field.
The prize is awarded to an exceptional student from:
- The Nautical Institute Command Diploma Scheme
- A student nominated by a member of the GlobalMET community
- A student nominated by a member of the IAMI community
- A student undertaking maritime or maritime-related studies at the World Maritime University
A maximum of 2 prizes will be awarded in any one year.
The Nautical Institute Luddeke Prize will comprise:
- A certificate
- A cash prize of £750
- An award of books from The Nautical Institute publications list to the value of not more than £250
- Two years free Nautical Institute membership
Criteria for the Award
The following criteria have been identified for the award of The Nautical Institute Luddeke Prize:
- Has achieved excellence in his/her academic or practical studies, and
- Has made an active contribution to the extra-curricular activities of his/her Institution
Nominations should be submitted via the e-form displayed on this page. Nominations will be considered by a sub-committee appointed by The Nautical Institute and approved by the Institute's Nominations Committee.
Nominations will only be accepted when endorsed by the Head of Centre, Principal or Curriculum Leader of the nominating Institution.
Nominations must be submitted by 31 May 2023.