London Branch - Fires on Containerships Conference
Cargo fires continue to plague the maritime industry - but solutions to address the issue remain elusive. Join us in seeking practical answers to a long-standing problem that continues to take a horrific toll in terms of loss of life and injury.
Misdeclaration remains a major challenge, but even cargoes stowed in accordance with the IMDG Code start fires, while others have the potential to enhance the speed at which the fire spreads. Though containerships have significantly increased in size, SOLAS firefighting and protection regulations have not evolved at the same pace, leaving crews facing major challenges with resources on board.
We will explore the challenges, seeking ideas and innovation for the near and longer-term, asking:
- How should the IMDG Code develop?
- Are regulations fit for purpose?
- What are the challenges of planning containership stows?
Why you should attend
- be an integral part of the effort to find solutions to one of shipping's biggest and most costly problems
- gain useful insights on the steps your organisation can take in mitigating the risk of cargo fires
- take advantage of this unrivalled opportunity to network with leading industry figures and opinion formers
- enjoy the fellowship of industry colleagues in a relaxed setting (delegate fee includes buffet lunch and post-conference drinks reception)
Key speakers include...
- Stuart Edmonston, Loss Prevention Director, UK P&I Club
- Peregrine Storrs-Fox, Risk Management Director, TT Club
- Mauricio Garrido, President of T&T Salvage
- William Boyd, Director, TMC Marine
Registration fees (inclusive of VAT)
NI Sea-going member: £125
NI Shore-based member: £200
Nautical Institute Students (AMNI): £50
Non members: £300
Fees include buffet lunch and post-conference drinks reception.
Note: there is a strict limit of 70 delegates due to social distancing requirements - please register now to avoid disappointment.
For any enquiries contact Gordon Lowe at Herald1147@hotmail.com