Supporting professional development is one of The Nautical Institute’s core aims. With this in mind, we have joined with Videotel, a world leader in the provision of e-learning for the maritime industry, to deliver a set of online training courses.
The interactive courses (listed right), which take between 4-40 hours to complete, aim to further knowledge, enhance skills and, ultimately, advance the careers of those mariners seeking to progress.
Each year, Nautical Institute members can access one Videotel course of their choice entirely free of charge.
How to access a course...
Already a member?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org providing the following information...
- NI membership number
- Title (e.g. Captain, Mr, Mrs)
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- The name of the course you wish to take
- Whether you will require a formal course certificate on completing the course (cost £60)*
* Please note that at the end of your course you will have the opportunity to print out, free of charge, the result of your final course test. This can be used as evidence that you have taken and completed the course.
The courses team at Videotel will then contact you to let you know the next steps.
Not yet a member?
- Select the course you are interested in
- On clicking the link for further information, simply follow the instructions when you arrive on the Videotel website
Please note these courses are not free for non-members
Sign up for our e-news!
Regular updates and the latest Institute news direct to your inbox