Wärtsilä SAM Electronics CHARTPILOT ECDIS
One of the challenges the industry faces is the multiple number of ECDIS system and types available in the market. Seagull has developed a great and easy option that will solve a lot of logistics for you as a company. This course can be done onboard or at the office, and the course consists only of one e-learning module and a small procedure.
Wärtsilä SAM Electronics is a major producer of ECDIS and integrated bridge systems, for all types of vessels. This CHARTPILOT training is suitable for CHARTPILOTs either standing alone or integrated into a bridge system. It covers CHARTPILOT versions: 93xx and 1100 ECDIS. This module aims to train navigators in the practical use of the CHARTPILOT ECDIS, and satisfy the requirement for ECDIS familiarisation. Seagull has developed a type specific ECDIS distance course for CHARTPILOT ECDIS together with Wärtsilä SAM Electronics. On completion of this course you will receive a course diploma from Ocean TG powered by Seagull.
What will you learn?
• Recognise the menu structure and operation of the ECDIS
• Identify the functions of the ECDIS
• Identify the settings on a chart display
• State the meaning of common alarms
• Identify track planning methods
• Identify track monitoring methods
• Identify chart monitoring methods
• State the process of managing charts and licenses
Who is this for?
•Deck - Management
•Deck - Operational