An effective way to get a course diploma for the TECDIS system! One of the challenges the industry faces is the multiple number of ECDIS system and types available in the market. Seagull has developed a great and easy option that will solve a lot of logistics for you as a company. This course can be done onboard or at the office, and the course consists only of one e-learning module and a small procedure.
Seagull has developed a type specific ECDIS distance course for TECDIS, SW version 220.127.116.11 and above, together with the manufacturer Telko AS. The course will enable the learner to become familiar with the features on the latest version, 18.104.22.168 and above, of the TECDIS. On completion of this course you will receive a course diploma from Ocean TG powered by Seagull.
What will you learn?
• Recognise the menu structure and operation of the TECDIS
• Identify the functions of the TECDIS
• Identify the settings on a chart display
• State the meaning of common alerts
• Identify route planning methods
• Identify route monitoring methods
• Recognise a backup TECDIS arrangement
• State the process of managing charts and licenses
• State how failure diagnosis can be performed
• Identify maintenance requirements
Who is this for?
•Deck - Management
•Deck - Operational