Canada British Columbia Branch - Arctic Shipping Challenges 2019
ARCTIC SHIPPING CHALLENGES 2019
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, May 22-24, 2019
WHAT WE ARE DISCUSSING
The Nautical Institute BC Branch is planning and hosting this international two-and-a-half day conference consisting of informative presentations, interactive Q&A sessions, and panel discussions, bringing together key Canadian and international stakeholders in maritime industry, environmental organizations, governmental transport authorities, coast guards, consultants, and technology providers. Social and professional networking opportunities are embedded in the program. Join the Nautical Institute BC Branch in Victoria, BC, to participate with leading executives and experts as we discuss opportunities and challenges associated with the maritime Arctic.
- Trending opportunities for development in both Polar regions, from tourism to mining, will result in an increase in ship traffic.
- Developments in regulation, and their effects.
- Economic effects of increased shipping.
- Effects on indigenous communities.
- Navigation standards, and Specialization of Navigation.
- Roles and interests of other nations.
- Wednesday May 22, 1830-2100 - Conference check-in and evening networking. Meet conference attendees at the historic Union Club for an evening of social and professional interaction.
- Thursday May 23, 0830-1700 - Conference check-in continued, and Conference Day 1
- Thursday May 23, 1800-2100 - Evening supper, included in the conference fee (additional costs for guests). A time for social and professional interaction, including a presentation, in the historic Union Club's Centennial Ballroom.
- Friday May 24, 0900-1600 - Conference Day 2
REGISTRATION (Canadian $)
- Registration will open in March 2019
- Nautical Institute Member $300
- Non-member $800
- Early non-member registration $650 (prior to May 8, 2019)