The Nautical Institute is a thriving membership organisation, open to all those with a professional interest in the control of sea-going ships and other maritime matters. We've frozen our fees for 2013 which means you can access all the following benefits at 2012 prices.
Apply here to join us today.
Become a member and enjoy some great benefits...
- Formal acknowledgement of your professional status, including being able to display your Nautical Institute membership on your CV and business card
- Network with colleagues, prospective employers and customers at local Institute branch events and seminars
- Support and guidance for your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Monthly complimentary copy of Seaways, our highly respected maritime journal (delivered to you as a printed magazine but also readable online in the password-protected Members' Area of our website)
- Heavily discounted entry to a variety of leading maritime conferences and events around the world
- £100,000 worth of legal defence cover, protecting you against criminalisation
- A representative voice at IMO, IALA and other forums on key policy issues
- 30% discount on our specialist maritime books and guides
- Jobs Board, online discussion forums and monthly e-newsletter
Apply online and join The Nautical Institute today!
How much does it cost to be a member?
Our most common grade of membership is 'MNI', the cost of which is £110 per year (plus a one-off joining fee of £20) - or it could be as little as £55 per year (plus £10 one-off joining fee) if you live in a Less Developed Country (LDC) economically, based on GDP data from the OECD. For details of membership categories and fees please download our brochure...
NI Membership Brochure
What we are working on for you...
- Improving competence and core skills
- Promoting specialist skills
- Stress, fatigue and hours of work/rest
- Watchkeeping practices in the era of integrated bridge systems
- Marine Resource Management and leadership issues
- Countering the Criminalisation of seafarers