The Command Seminar 2017 series is organised in cooperation with the Institute’s international branch network, and additionally with the support of The Corporation of Trinity House, InterManager, International Federation of Shipmasters’ Association (IFSMA) plus other professional bodies. Each seminar will be a significant occasion in itself with an international attendance of members and other industry professionals debating the theme “Navigational Accidents and their Causes”.
Under this generic title there will be the opportunity to address a variety of topics including:
• Preparing for Command
• Navigational Assessments
• Human Performance and Limitations (HPL)
• Ice Navigation
• Near miss reporting
The conclusions reached at the seminars will be published in Seaways, the Institute’s monthly journal, and used to focus the work of the Institute, and, where appropriate, will lead to input to the International Maritime Organisation through the consultative status of The Nautical Institute.
Why you should attend
• Listen and learn from a mix of Speakers, including industry leaders and front line practitioners as well as younger generation professionals
• Engage in substantial discussion forums
• Network with an excellent cross section of senior managers and sea staff as well as training specialists, naval officers, lawyers, surveyors, insurers, and other professionals
• Earn a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certificate.