The principal aim of the Branches is to promote the activities and increase the membership of The Nautical Institute in their area.
The Branches are vibrant, pro-active organisations of current professionals, and provide:
- A local professional focus
- Communication and fellowship with other nautical professionals (networking)
- Solving professional problems through seminars and workshops
- A programme of technical and social meetings
- Local and, in some cases, national representation on regulatory bodies or user groups
- Assistance with updating and professional development
- Involvement with projects locally and internationally
- Development of management and organisational skills
Nautical Institute Branches are grouped into world zones. Click on the 'Find your nearest branch' tab above left as a first step towards engaging with your fellow maritime professionals.